The Next Economy will be driven by 10 key emerging technologies; one of them is blockchain. Ususally related to cryptocurrencies, it underpins them, but has many uses beyond money.
On this episode of the Big Bang podcast I’m joined by Sergey Lysyuk, Chief Experience Officer of YK Consulting and co-founder of Sapien, to talk about these uses cases. Sergey and his business partner Evgeniy Kasyanenko have been in business for 12 years, decided to start building blockchain applications 4 years ago.
They have built blockchain solutions for aviation, messaging, wallets, luxury and transportation.
Nowadays we live in a world where everything is quantified; our aggregated social signals (tweets, retweets, followers / connections, etc.) contribute to the power of our online identity. This online identity is now being taken offline; nowhere is this more obvious than in China where they have started a social credit system.
A few years ago I wrote about Reputationville, a future where the work finds you; this is the reputation economy trend and follows what China is doing. Which makes Sergey and his partners most interesting project relevant; it’s called Sapien: a human rating system that sits on the blockchain.
Here are some questions I asked Sergey during our chat:
- What is driving the surge in ICO’s?
- I want to launch an ICO, how does one set one up?
- If I want to invest in an ICO, how do you find good ones to invest in and what do I have to look out for?
- What is the future of ICO’s?
- Blockchain isn’t just about cryptocurrencies. It can also help with other challenges. Talk to me about some projects you’ve done with blockchain.
- Blockchain is a very powerful technology that will drive the Next Economy. How is blockchain going to change the world?
- Blockchain is an emerging technology that many people and organizations are not aware of. How do you pitch these projects?
- Talk to me about your project Sapien, a play on the Reputation Economy.
Watch our conversation below:
Like our weekly podcast? Subscribe to my YouTube channel or blog newsletter.
The Big Bang is a weekly podcast. Tune in every Tuesday for more discussions on what’s possible.
Intro audio is by Arturo Arriaga, outro audio is Candyland by Guy J.