How will work change in the future? It is a broad topic that includes many topics including freelancers, corporate culture, co-working, technology and collaboration, people analytics, leadership, change management, holacracy, artificial intelligence and data mining.
The main driver of change is, of course, the internet. As every business model is being disrupted by the internet, so has they way we get work done. New technologies, data analytics and social networks are having a huge impact on how we lead, communicate, collaborate and work.
There is no shortage of ideas and reports on how work is changing and will continue to change. It is a topic I’m quite invested in and have been experimenting with for some time now, so I’m really interested in talking to people from all walks of life on how their work life has changed and what they see happening in the future.
Some questions we discussed:
- For you, what makes work fun and interesting?
- As someone who’s been in the workforce 20+ years, how has the way we get things done at work changed?
- How has the internet changed how you work?
- From your view, what’s missing in the discussion about the future of work?
- From your point of view, what is the future of work?
- What actions do businesses, large and small, need to take to take advantage of the new world of work?
- Is collaboration overrated or are businesses just not taking full advantage?
- What does the leader of the future look like?
- What do you see changing in the next 5 – 10 years?
What do you think, how will work change in the future?
Watch the live recording:
The Big Bang is a weekly podcast. Tune in every Tuesday for more discussions on what’s possible.
Intro audio is by Arturo Arriaga, outro audio is Candyland by Guy J.