“Individuals who get startled by the future weren’t paying attention.” – Gary Hamel
Change is the only constant. Knowing where, how and why it happens can mean the difference between being disrupted by a startup and staying relevant tomorrow.
Here are a few places where change happens:
- The way we work.
- The way we eat.
- The way we move around the planet.
- The way we build our homes.
- The way we use and generate electricity.
- The way we communicate.
- The way we entertain ourselves.
- The way we take care of our health.
- The way we dress.
- The way we get medically treated.
- The way we learn.
- The way we connect to other people.
But, still, we must remember that it’s not that hard to know what’s changing, it’s making sense of it that matters.
This is a not complete list, but I think it would be useful if we could build one. What do you think, where else does change happen?
UPDATE: Updated the list with Ralph Ohr’s suggestions in the comments.