Innovation is difficult to do. There are numerous books out there about innovation that teach you a certain aspect on how to innovate yet are clearly written for experts.
Richard Watson put together a well written comprehensive article about innovation that any person can understand. Read it, share it with your team, discuss it and accept that if you want to create anything new you’re bound to fail more than a few times.
There is no magic formula!
- Everything You’ve Always Wanted to Know About Innovation* But Were Afraid To Ask
- To Change Effectively, Change Just One Thing (HarvardBusiness.org)
- Is Open Innovation really cheaper? (Blogging innovation)
- Become a More Creative Leader (HarvardBusiness.org)
- What is strategy? (Game-Changer)
- Content is No Longer King
- The Five Reasons Strategies Fail (Six Disciplines)