Of all the technologies that are discussed on a daily basis, blockchain might be the least understood. As I’ve written before, blockchain is a key emerging technology that will drive the Next Economy. The World Economic Forum estimates that by 2027, 10% of global GDP will be stored on blockchain technology. Yet being so important, it is still not well understood beyond tech circles.
So, to help clear the air my guest today is Mohit Mamoria, a 25 year old entrepreneur who’s been writing software since he was 11. He built his first company at 18, is 3x entrepreneur, currently building software and hardware that makes anyone become part of cryptocurrencies easily and profitably. He’s also the editor of Unmade; a weekly newsletter which delivers one idea from the future to your inbox.
As part of his research on ideas changing the future, recently Mohit wrote a 3,500 word guide to understand blockchain; which we’ll discuss today:
- Chat about Mohit’s background
- There are many other”guides” to the blockchain, what did you see was missing or what motivated you to write one yourself?
- Fundamentally, what problem does blockchain solve?
- What is blockchain?
- It’s all good and great but what are some of blockchain’s flaws?
- According to Bitcoin UP Erfahrungen, there are many cryptocurrencies in existence, yet there are two that get the most attention: bitcoin and ethereum. Click here to find the differences between them.
- Blockchain is heavily tied to cryptocurrencies, what’s driving the cryptocurrency boom?
- Why does blockchain matter to businesses and governments? What does it enable? And what are some obstacles to adoption?
- Beyond banking and payments, what interesting uses cases of blockchain have you seen?
Watch our chat below:
The Big Bang is a weekly podcast. Tune in every Tuesday for more discussions on what’s possible.
Intro audio is by Arturo Arriaga, outro audio is Candyland by Guy J.
Also published on Medium.