Blu Maya and IOS Offices is proud to bring you two pioneers in the art of animation for the first time together on one stage to show and talk to you about how they do it: Walt Disney Studios and The Simpsons.
I’m proud to say that this is the first time an event like this, where two different animation companies collaborate in a workshop, is held. If you are at all interested in the act of creation, this is a must-attend event where you will learn the whole process of animation. Including how to pitch the studios.
Special Friends: Jose Zelaya, Character Designer at Walt Disney Studios, and Edwin Aguilar, The Simpsons Assistant Director.
Location: IOS Offices on the 4th Floor at VIA Corporativo in Tijuana – see directions
12 PM – 2 PM Workshop with 14 students
- How to bring the character to life
- Character design
- Story boarding
- Camera Direction
- How to pitch to studios
Student requirements: Bring paper and your own sketches.
2: 15 PM – 4 PM Talk and Q&A with Guests
- Who we are
- What we do at work
- How we got to where we are
- Talk about Jose and his work on character design
- Being an asst director, job and responsibilities, storyboarding, camera direction, acting, a/b story, how to make it better. how to bring the character to life, timing in animation, forms of acting
- How we got together and creating our own things.
- Animatics of the simpsons, how it looks like to final product
RAFFLE: Toy and poster signed by the artists of the Simpsons
One workshop ticket is going to be raffled. All you have to do is “Like” the event Fan Page and upload your sketch. The winner will be determined on the day of the event by the number of votes (likes) it receives as well as the cheers from your peers.
Whew! As you can see this is knowledge packed event. I hope to see you there 🙂
Also published on Medium.