Last week I discussed the importance of leading through questions. Since that post got some good traction, I decided to put together these six questions that I found scattered throughout the book “The Strategist: Be the Leader Your Business Needs“. If you haven’t read it, read it!
In my opinion, every business leader and strategist must own these six questions below:
- Does your company matter?
- What does my organization bring to the world?
- Does that difference matter?
- Is something about it scarce and difficult to imitate?
- Are we doing today what we need to do in order to matter tomorrow?
- If you closed its doors today, would your customers suffer any real loss?
These questions are not original. You and I have heard them articulated in some form. But here’s the point, if you don’t actually think, reflect and act on them, then it doesn’t matter if you know them.
To be honest, I have a good time trying to answer these questions myself. I think that’s why they matter.
Have more questions in mind? What would you add? Have you reflected on these questions yourself?