I love this! Talk about freeing your mind, here’s a high powered conversation you don’t want to miss…
Alex Bogusky, formerly of Crispin Porter+Bogusky, has a weekly web show where he talks to all sorts of people who are making a difference. This week’s episode is called, Unlocking Your Personal Vision. This episode features a conversation with the team behind UFUSE – a company that helps individuals and companies unlock their vision and creativity. This one hour conversation is especially of interest, because Alex actually spent a week with them pushing his own vision and creativity to new heights.
The recipe for unlocking your personal vision: Genesis + Knowing why you’re doing it + staying with it.
Here are some ideas that were discussed:
Take a vacation and figure out what your vision is
- Purpose matters. Grab a pen and a piece of paper and write down the things that are important to you. Take your time and get it all out. Think about it as the starting point of a vacation to figure out what your vision is.
- Have courage. Creativity takes courage. Whereas creative decisions require courage, making fear based decisions that always lead to conventional paths as outcomes is what we always do. Break the pattern!
- If you don’t like it, stop doing it. 84% of people don’t like their jobs and would like to quit. It’s a terrible propositions because sometimes you just have to roll with the punches but if you’re really unhappy just stop doing it.
- Tell people what you would like to work on. If you don’t like the projects that you’re being tasked with, tell them them the types of things that you really want to work on. Sometimes speaking helps not only you but others too. Other people have dislikes too, and in an effort to conform we don’t say what they are. Speak up!
- If you’re working on fixing something that pisses you off, you’re in the right place. What are you dissatisfied with? What do you think sucks and can be done better? Can you feel how your soul gets filled with purpose when thinking about it? This is a good place to start.
- No matter how good it is, it can always get better. If you’re perfectly happy with how things are going already, why not make it better? Get out of your comfort zone.
It’s an hour long but I guarantee it’s well worth your time
- 6 ways to unlock your creativity (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Alex Bogusky set to invent a new capitalism (adweek.blogs.com)
- 10 Blogs to Spark Your Creativity (psychcentral.com)