Society loves experts! Why? Because people are highly persuaded by authority; and being an expert is considered being an authority. But experts are human, and therefore are fallible in their judgment; especially when it comes to predicting the future.
Innovate or die? The idea that we must innovate to be successful, have we taken it to the extreme? Some people think so. An in interesting review of a book argues that our unhealthy obsession with the future, where anyone who wants to be successful has to innovate, disrupt, and “own the future”, is making us come up with simplistic ideas rather than great ideas that tackle real challenges. …
- What Doesn’t Motivate Creativity Can Kill It by @teresamabile – Follow @teresamabile
- The 8 Essentials of Innovation – Forbes
- What Consumers Really Want: Do companies require radical innovations to woo consumers? New research suggests…no! – INSEAD Knowledge
- How Great Leaders Create Game Changers by @mikemyatt – Follow @mikemyatt
- How to Spot the Future – Wired
- 4 Steps To Getting The Market Timing Right For Your Innovation by @philmckinney – Follow @philmckinney