- Ten Red Flags for Innovation: Why It Fails by @lindegaard
- Why Innovators Don’t Always Win – Forbes
- Crowdsourcing Innovation: How To Make Sure You Spot The Best Ideas – FastCoCreate
- The Four Worst Innovation Assassins – HBR
- Why You Won’t Get Breakthrough Innovation by Being Nice – HBR
- How to tell if you are an innovator by @ovoinnovation
One of the great things about social media is that it gives organizations the capability (if they choose to) and advantage of co-creating new products and services with their customers.
About two years ago I persuaded a client to experiment with crowdsourcing. At the time my client, The Jumpitz Corporation, was setting up their social media presence and they had a huge offline following. Plus Valentine’s was coming in a few weeks.
They asked me how they could bring all their fans online and create some good old word of mouth.
I suggested we try crowdsourcing.…
This weeks must read story is about the personal characteristics of successful innovators, the Innovators Code. A research study conducted by Jeffrey Dyer, Hal Gregersen found five ‘discovery skills’ that distinguish them. The ability to associate, question, observe, experiment and network.
- The Innovators Code (Harvard)
- IDEO’s Tim Brown Design Thinking Mindmap (Vimeo)
- How Business Is Adopting Design Thinking (BusinessWeek)
- Is Reverse Innovation Like Disruptive Innovation? (Harvard)
- Does Falling in Love Make Us More Creative? (Scientific American)
- Why successful leaders fall apart (FT)
- The Myth of Crowdsourcing (Forbes)
- The metric that’s killing web innovation (Techcrunch)
Philoptima uses an open innovation platform to help grant makers, funders, donors, philanthropists, and seekers to have access to applied research and interventional best-methods for their work on any global community challenges such as environmental, education and health.
The high levels of brainpower that can leveraged from open innovation efforts such as Philoptima’s can help philanthropists better define a problem they are trying to solve and then given that clustered brainpower increase the likelihood of coming up with a solution of higher impact.
Open innovation efforts Beerfest video Dune movie download are abundant now a days, crowdsourcing has been adopted as part of a businesses’ dominant strategy as they’ve seen the power that tapping so much brainpower can yield.
Open innovation is all about connecting with others to find and then create new ideas that have market changing potential.
The time is ripe for your business to engage in open innovation. With recession in full swing the opportunity to collaborate with others in finding and developing new ideas is a strategic move you should be considering a priority.