A few weeks ago Umair Haque said innovation needed to be innovated. In an effort to do that he’s open sourced the Awesomeness Manifesto to his readers:
The goal is to produce a stronger, collaboratively written manifesto on awesomeness, rich with real-world example, discussion, and commentary.
Here then are my thoughts:
Awesome for me is something that let’s me do or experience something that I’ve never done before. This can also be called innovation, but then again we always had phones until the iPhone came along.
Bottom line ’Awesome is a dramatic improvement over what was before.’
Products and services that make my life more awesome are:
- An iPod let’s me carry thousands of songs in my pocket.
- An Alienware Computer let’s me play games at the highest performance.
- A PS3 let’s me play the best console video games at a high performance
- A Kindle let’s me have books to read at any time I want.
- A Moleskine notebook let’s me write down notes in a very simple way.
- Evernote makes me smarter and more productive because it let’s me remember more things anywhere I am.
- Feedly let’s keep up with news in a very intuitive and simple way.
- Mindjet Mind Manager let’s me create mind maps in a simple and efficient way where I feel confident I can come up with better ideas.
- In-n-Out let’s me eat an old fashioned burger the way it should be.
- Amazon let’s me buy pretty much anything I want through the internet and get it 3 days later in a perfect state.
- Google Chrome let’s me browse the internet wickedly fast (but I still prefer Firefox).
- ShareThis let’s me share anything to anywhere in the web directly from my browser.
- Jordan basketball shoes let me play basketball without having to worry about performance and safety.
- Nike sports wear gives me the psychological edge in sports.
- Logitech let’s me have beautiful, efficiently modern tech devices to use with my computer.
- A Heineken makes me feel like I belong to special group of beer drinkers.
- A Zebra F-701 pen is a good looking pen with great feel and it’s cheap.
Awesome enables me.
Awesome empowers me.
Awesome activates me.
What are your thoughts on awesome? What products or services do you consider awesome?