A few days ago Scott Anthony shared his Innovator’s Pledge in one of his recent talks:
- Triple the time I spend with customers
- Routinely ask "Why?" and "Why not?"
- Strive to run an experiment a day
- Always look for ways to learn more without spending money
- Read a magazine in a field where I am a novice
- Call up the most iconoclastic person I know and ask them to introduce me to the most iconoclastic person they know
- Teach a friend three key lessons I learned today
I thought I’d add my own so here are mine:
- Go to a Borders or B&N at least twice per week for one hour at a time and read as many magazines as possible.
- Invite people from other industries to come work in your office at least once per week and do the same yourself.
- Ask ‘what’ if?’
- Practice mental training. See things as they are then change them in your head.
- If you don’t know something, move before you feel ready. Follow your gut on how you would solve it with limited knowledge.
- Have at least one or two side projects of your own on things that you’re passionate about.
Here a few I came up with, what’s in your innovator’s pledge?