Here’s one of my favorite leadership videos, worldwide CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi Kevin Roberts shares his vision for the company and gives Wharton students a primer on his unique leadership style when he visited the Wharton School as part of the Wharton Leadership Lecture series.
Here are the key points:
- Get to the future first.
- Be in the ideas business.
- Ideas are the currency of the future.
- The role of business is to make the world a better place for everyone.
- Ideas are emotion based. Emotions inspire action.
- Fail fast, learn fast, fix fast.
- Information and knowledge are tablestakers, insight and foresight win.
- And/And. No compromises, no balance. Develop the mindset of only doing things that you’re passionate about all the time.
- It all starts with a dream, not a mission statement.
- When given command, take charge and do what’s right.
- There are no limits, only possibilities.